The model-scouting social media contest is back for both male and female model hopefuls.
ZALORA, Asia’s Online Fashion Destination, is proud to announce the return of Make Me A ZALORA Model, the first-ever regional model-scouting contest pushed through social media. Aspiring models from Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia, and the Philippines are invited to participate for a shot at becoming a ZALORA model and win coveted prizes, including a contract with a top Singapore modeling agency and a year’s worth of wardrobe from ZALORA. The contest will launch on Friday, 2nd August 2019 and will run for four weeks.
Launched in 2016, Make Me A ZALORA Model is an opportunity for aspiring models to fast-track their career and break into the modeling scene in Asia. The contest received over 6,000 entries last year and this year, ZALORA will continue to search for two winners and will be accepting entries from both men and women. ZALORA will be using Instagram as the platform for its search to find the next two fresh faces from the region and help them realize their dreams of becoming a professional model.
To enter the contest, interested participants can upload their best selfies or full-length photos to Instagram using the hashtag #MMAZMCycle4 and photo tag @zalora. Each week, participants from each country with the best photos will be picked as semi-finalists by a panel of judges and qualify for the next round. Only 12 contestants will emerge as finalists and be flown to Jakarta, Indonesia for the Grand Finale where the winners of Make Me A ZALORA Model will be announced.
“MMAZM Cycle 4 is all about celebrating uniqueness, self-confidence, and boldness in expressing individuality! We are looking forward to weaving this message into every stage of the competition this year, including some exciting model challenges during the finale,” says ZALORA Group’s Social Media Head, Alyce Menzel. “We are casting a wide net for our submissions this year with a key focus on diversity between our models, and are very excited to discover the next face of ZALORA!” Alyce adds.
The two winners of Make Me A ZALORA Model will walk away with attractive prizes including a chance to be represented by one of the top Singapore modeling agencies, UpFront Models; a three-month paid modeling contract with ZALORA (based in ZALORA’s Regional Production Hub in Malaysia); a ZALORA wardrobe and a feature in a fashion editorial spread in ZALORA Magazine and campaign. The two contest winners will undergo a three-month modeling program, serving as in-house models of ZALORA, giving them valuable experience to become a successful well-rounded international model.
CRITERIA AND ELIGIBILITY:
- Take a selfie and/or a full-length OOTD (outfit of the day), upload photo(s) to Instagram with hashtag #MMAZMCycle4 and tag @zalora
- Contestants can upload an unlimited number of different photos
- The contest is open to all male and female aged 18-years-old and above
- No photo-editing or face modifying apps are to be used
- Finalists must be available to travel to Jakarta for the Grand Finale from 30th September to 4th October 2019
- Winners must be available to be on contract with ZALORA for three (3) months based in KL, Malaysia
- Winners must be available to be represented by UpFront Models
- Semi-finalists need to be available for casting at ZALORA office
- Deadline for entries: 31st August 2019, 12pm
- More information and full T&Cs at www.zalora.sg/make-me-a-zalora-model/